Should I Dye My Hair Red?-Have you ever thought about dying your hair red? Anyone can have red hair. It is just like red lipstick! The trick is simply finding the right tone, level, and brightness that will suit you. So if you do opt for a red hair color shade, get ready to turn heads! To help you decide on the right red hair color for you, here are some great options, along with tips for going red, from the pros at Bella Capelli Salon in Durham, NC.
The photo…Rose gold hair color is one of today’s trendiest shades—it’s a coppery pink shade inspired by the jewelry of the same name. Rose gold hair color can be subtle or intense, and it’s great for people with porcelain, tan or olive complexions and all eye colors.
Pay close attention to these tips oferred up by the awesome hair color experts at Bella Capelli Salon, in Durham, NC.
- Shade selection is critical! The right red hair color will make your skin come alive; the wrong choice will make you appear sallow and ill! As a general rule of thumb, select warm red hair colors like ginger, copper and auburn if you have very fair or very warm skin. Select cool red hair colors like red violet, ruby and red velvet if you have dark or cool skin.
- Red hair color looks best when it’s vivid. To prevent red hair color from fading, ask your hair stylist for sulfate free shampoo and conditioner formulas that are specifically made for colored hair. These formulas are free of the ingredients that tend to strip hair color, and they keep hair shiny and keep red hair color vibrant.
- Red hair color should be kept out of the sun. The sun will cause any hair color to fade, and since it’s important to keep red hair color bright and vivid, it’s a good idea to keep it covered with a hat or scarf when outdoors to avoid UV exposure.
- Avoid over-shampooing. Shampooing too frequently is another way that red hair color can become faded. Try to skip a few days between shampoos if possible. If your roots become oily or dirty, try using a dry shampoo to keep your scalp fresh between shampoos.
- See your stylist regularly. Because red hair color can fade quickly, it’s important to make regular appointments for retouches. Your stylist will touch up your roots, and also use a gentle, ammonia-free hair color on the rest of your hair that will keep your red hair color even and vibrant without damaging your hair.
- Select your makeup carefully. Play up the warmth of your red hair color with rosy or peach cheek and lip colors. Green shadows and liners can be beautiful on eyes if you have red hair color, as can various shades of brown!
Book your hair color appointment with Bella Capelli today! Call (919) 268-9433 or hit the link for online booking @bellacapellisalon.net/appointments.